HELP!!!

2002 Toyota Highlander

Drive Train Axles Bearings problem
2002 Toyota Highlander 6 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic 150000 miles

hello. I bought a toyota highlander for my son. Appeared to be in excellent condition with updated maintenance, etc. About a month ago, my son was driving when the car jerked several times, so he pulled over. The car would not engage in any gear. Towed it to repair shop, they said it was transmission, and replaced it. Went to pick up, drove about 10 miles, felt loud jerk, and the back wheels locked up. It was a miracle it didn't flip, because I was going about 50 mph. Mechanic came to scene, towed it back, and then said it was the rear differential. Kept it for another 3 weeks or so. Just picked up this am. Stopped at a convenience store and when I pulled away, I saw alot of yellow/green fluid where I was parked. Now I can hear humming in right rear, and when I left off the gas, the car almost stops itself. Please help me? Obviously I need to take it back, but what does this guy not know?
Worriedmom

Yellow green fluid would probably be anti freeze, check for leaks!

Merlin2021
I am not satisfied with this answer. I did not ask about the fluid. I am wondering about the symptoms of rear differential that I am experiencing.

Worriedmom
What he does not know is how to fix cars! You now probably have a bad axle bearing causing the whine, but rear end noise needs to be heard and driven to diagnose it properly, you need to coast, drive put it in neautral and see what the noise is and if it goes away under different driving tests. It seems he installed a used, or rebuilt your old rear end.I would make him give money back and go somplace else!

Merlin2021