OCCASIONAL STARTING PROBLEM

1991 Toyota Corolla

Hey,
I've been having this problem with my 1991 toyota corolla. It'll wok fine most of the time but every once in a while it just wont start. And if I wait for half an hour and then try to start it back up and it starts. It usually happens when its left out in the heat.
Well im not really sure what the problem is because it could be because something is running when the car is off and draining the battery or something regarding the engine heating up and needs to cool off. Well the only other useful information I could give you is there is a humming noise when I try n start up the car when it wont start.
Had a mechanic look at it and he changed the starter had all the fluids and oils changed. But it was of no use because the problem still persists.
Hope someone could help me out its really annoying.
Thanks Josh
Joshdsouza

Sounds like vapor lock. That's what it's called when the fuel in the fuel line vaporizes in the heat. Normally, the under-hood fuel lines are insulated from the engine heat. These might have been removed resulting in the vapor lock condition.

Does your Corolla have the carbureted engine? This hardly happens with EFI versions.

Cartech_savvy