RADIATOR COOLING FANS. CAR RUNNING HOT.

Toyota Corolla

I just got a 1998 toyota corolla 1.8 L. It is running hot. The fans are not coming on. I did some research and tried the air conditioning and the fans come on with the air on. After more research I disconnected the switch on the themostat housing and the fans came on without the air being on so I assumed the switch was bad and replaced it, $85.00 It did not take care of the problem fans still do not work. I have since checked the top and bottom radiator hoses while it is running and both are hot.
Any Ideas? E-mail - OhDucHntr@aol. Com
Thanks.
Leonivette

Check the 15amp ECU fuse and R1 radiator fan relay and water temp. Switch

Check the 15amp ECU fuse and R1 radiator fan relay and water temp. Switch[/quote: 0f570e5c73]

Hi Rasmataz : )

Thanks for responding. I have already changed the switch, $85.00 Next, I have my toyota book showing fuses ; Engine compartment - 1. A/C 7.5 amp: air conditioning, electric cooling fan.
Engine compartment - 2. CDS 30 amp: electric cooling fan.
Instrument panel - 3. ECU-IG 10 amp: starting system, electric cooling fan, automatic transmission shift lock system, anti lock brakes, cruise control.
Engine compartment - 4. RDI 30 amp: electric cooling fan.

Is there a way to test the relay you mentioned?

Thanks, Ohduchntr@aol. Com

Leonivette
Yup! There's a diagram on it that shows you the switch and coil side-at the switch side you should have no continuity and at the coil-you should have continuity

Connect power to one side of the coil and the other side to ground-now the switch should have continuity-meaning it should transfer power to components when it has power on one side.

That's aLL for now-you're breaking my brain and tommorrow is roger rabbit's day and I need to complete my doctor's call at other forums in this site.

Catch you later-keep posting am watching

Happy Easter

Check the 15amp ECU fuse and R1 radiator fan relay and water temp. Switch[/quote: a421559f22]

Hi Rasmataz : )

Thanks, Ohduchntr@aol. Com[/quote: a421559f22]

I messed-up look above how totest the relay