MISFIRES

2005 Toyota Corolla

Hi - 2005 Corolla; 38K, 4 cylinder. I had a misfire on the highway last week and the CEL came on. Took it to the dealers, they run the diags and determine it was a faulty fuel injector, which they replace. Got it back and it happened again the next day. I brought it in again and this time they suggest that I have a fouled tank of gas and make no repairs. Given that hypothesis, I'm driving through this tank but still getting misfires every 30 miles or so; CEL comes on after a misfire and then turns off. So far I've misfired on the highway doing about 60, getting on the highway, and taking a left from a stopped position. Any ideas what could be causing this behavior if the diags say nothing?
PeachcornShank

So what is the P0300 series? For the misfire the injector ain't telling me nothing yet. I need the no.S before I can help.

So what is the P0300 series? For the misfire the injector ain't telling me nothing yet. I need the no.S before I can help.[/Quote: 7f73dacc1e]

I assume this is the specific code that rang up on the diag test? I don't know; doesn't seem to be indicated on my receipt. I'll find out what it is.

PeachcornShank