REMOVAL OF DOOR LOCK ACTUATOR

1999 Toyota Corolla

Interior problem
1999 Toyota Corolla 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 105000 miles

How to do this?
Driver side rear door.
I can see a bolt that's easy to remove. I do not have visibility to see how the actuator is connected to the outside door handle. I am afraid of dificulties placing the replacement.
Jairoher

Hello and thanks for the donation!

Below are the proper replacement procedures for your vehicle's window regulator..

REMOVAL:

Remove the door panel to gain access to the regulator assembly.
Remove the service hole cover.
Lower the regulator until the door glass is in the fully open position.
Remove the glass channel mount bolts.
Pull the glass up and out of the door.
If equipped, unbolt and remove the inside door panel frame.
If equipped with power windows, disconnect the electrical wiring.
Remove the equalizer arm bracket mounting bolts.
Remove the window regulator mounting nuts and extract the regulator (with the power window motor attached) through the service hole.

INSTALLATION:

Coat all the window regulator sliding surfaces with multi-purpose grease.
Place the regulator (with the power window motor) through the service hole and install the mounting nuts. Connect the power window connector if equipped.
Place the glass into the door cavity.
Connect the glass to the regulator with the channel mount bolts.
With the equalizer arm, raise the glass to the almost closed position and make sure that the leading and trailing edges of the glass are equidistant from the top of the glass channel. If not, adjust the equalizer arm to achieve an even fit.

Check the door glass as follows:

A.If when closing the door with the glass fully closed, the A-A and B-B sections are in the same condition as shown in the illustration.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/261618_0900c152801a8691_1.jpg

B.When you push the glass in firmly from inside, the glass stops at the roof drip molding and does not move.

C.When you close the door with the glass fully closed, the glass is not caught in the outside lip of the weatherstrip and does not touch the roof drip molding.

D.With the door shut the glass moves smoothly.The upper edge of the glass can not be seen from the outside of the vehicle.

If any of these conditions is not met, adjust the glass.
Install the service hole cover.
Install the door panel.

Let me know if you need further assistance with this repair.

Bluelightnin6
My question is in reference to the door lock actuator.
I got the wrong answer. The answer refers to the window regulator.

Jairoher
So sorry about that..I misread your question. Here is the correct answer..

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/261618_Noname_981.jpg

Bluelightnin6
I am sorry to tell you that your answer doesn't help me.

" 3. Remove door actuator linkage, 3 screws and remove door lock actuator through service hole.&Quot; I removed the panel and my problem is I don't have visibility except for one bolt holding the actuator.

It looks to me that I don't need to remove the regulator and window glass to replace the actuator.

Jairo

Jairoher
Well you DO need to remove the door glass and regulator so if you would follow the steps you would be able to replace your vehicle's door lock actuator properly.

Bluelightnin6