TRANSMISSION FLUID REPLACEMENT

1996 Toyota Corolla

1996 Toyota Corolla 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 230500 miles

I have replaced the transmission fluid which was really dark and smell burnt recommended by toyota tech but after changing the fluid I can hear knocking sound under driver side that might be issue because of residual particles left and would it be a major issue in long run. It is been just one day after replacement of ATF and car is been drove for 50 miles
Usermma

Is this " knock" only at idle or gets worse with rpm?

Mmprince4000
Thanks for reply. It knocks at idle but it is not laoud. I put some lucas transmission repair fluid in it and noticed it shifts smoother but when I push the brake and engine starts to idle I can hear the knocking sound.

Usermma
Is it a very light knock, that only happens at idle, then goes away when you idle up?

Mmprince4000
Yes you are correct.

Usermma
I have seen some early Corolla's that make this noise, while it sounds like a bearing, it is not.

Possible torque convertor, torque convertor bolts to flexplate, PS pump etc.

I have a 91 that has made this noise for the last 60K.
I changed engines, transmissions, oil pump, waterpump, stem seals, alternator, camshaft shims, CV axles, and noise is still there.

I don't worry about it.

Change oil every 3-5K and trans fluid every 24K. Flush and drain cooling system every 2 years.

Mmprince4000