AC WONT BLOW COLD

Toyota Celica

I have a 93 toyota celica gt 2.2l when I first bought the car it needed to be recharged because it was low. It first had r-12 but I let all that out and I put in r-134a with a interchange kit well it still wont blow cold air but the compressor is now kicking on. I put as much coolant as it will take but nothing. So I let all that out and disconnected the lines to the accumulator/drier or whatever it is and thick chalky black milkshake stuff came out. Is that normal or no? Looked like chocolate milk except it stunk really really really bad. Is that most likely the problem or does that not matter?
The_hydroxide_child

Hi there,

Your A/C is not well! I would say that it is beyond help, all the muck will be right through the system, if it is as thick as you say, I can't realy see how you will clean out the system totaly. I'm not sure with out seeing it first hand, but it sounds like a mixture of oil & moisture that has been in the system forsome time.

I would realy think it is beyond help, apart from throwing buckets of money at it. Sorry.

Mhpautos