WEIRD NOISE

1995 Toyota Celica

Noises problem
1995 Toyota Celica 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 200000 miles

Hi! I just got this car, seems to be pretty good for its mileage, I already changed oil and transmission fluid, and the brakes were just done, but I just find a little weird the fact that the car makes a weird sound as it overpasses 50 mph, it lasts until the speedometer reaches 60 mph, I would like to know what might be the problem so I can go to the mechanic with an idea in mind. Thanks.
Andresbuitrago1

Hi there,

where do you feel the noise is coming from, engine, transmission, drive line? Let me know and I will think about it.

Mhpautos
I ´m not really sure but it feels like when you ´re speeding there is a problem with the axle or some kind of component on the tires, so I would say it comes from the driving line, I appreciate your help, thanks

Andresbuitrago1
Hi there,

Check the wheel bearings front and rear, there should be no play if you try and move the wheels up and down. Check the drive shaft boots are not torn and grease is all over the drive line, have the tyres check for faults if the noise can change with throttle settings (sinning ) you may have a diff problem, have the transmission oil level inspected, start here.

Mhpautos