CAR WONT START

1995 Toyota Celica

1995 Toyota Celica 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 175000 miles

I have an automatic 95 toyota celica gt. I was on the freeway and all of a sudden my car powers down. It sounded as if I dropped it in low. I pull over, car fully dies. I try to start it and it tries to start but doesnt fully start. I got a tow. I jumped it and nothing. About 45 minutes later it starts. I drive about half a mile and it just shut off silently while at a red light. Tried to start it and it tries to start but once again failed. I had some friends try to mess with it and then it started again. I was able to get it to my boyfriends house. We already tried the fuel pump, fuel relay, and ignition coil. It still didnt start. We changed the distributor cap and rotor. It started up. We left the car on to test it but once the fan started it died again. Itsa not the spark plugs either. We plan on changing the distributor next but if it still doesnt work then im not sure. Any other suggestions?
Amanda629

Do below to determine whether it's fuel or spark issue: Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine at least 3/16 away from ground -have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it.