ENGINE OIL LEAK

1990 Toyota Celica

1990 Toyota Celica 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 160000 miles

HI I have a question regarding an oil leak on my Toyota Celica 1990 with 160000 mi. When I bought the car I drove it home and made around 6 miles. Once home I checked the engine and found no oil traces on the dipstick. I filled up the engine to the full mark, right a way I realized the engine was liking with drops every few seconds, 2 hours later there was a nice stain of oil on the newspaper I placed underneath. For the last 2 days I have been driving the vehicle with no problems, no noises, no noticeable engine lack of performance, it seems that it runs great, surprisingly I do not se big changes on the dipstick level. My question is let's assume that the car had been driven before me without oil for a while plus the 6 miles I put in, does that indicate that sooner or later the engine will break down when least expected or in the other hand will it survive many years it the car is service correctly. Thank you for listening.
Sitopons

Not always a true statement
and I think you have to take it as it come
just do your part as to keep up with the oil plus the maintenance
you may wants to have the engine and oil leak checke d

BMRFIXIT
Thanx BMRFIXIT, can you give me some numbers like 95 % will go bad 5% will go OK or may be 50/50 whats your take.

Sitopons
They are in general good engines
I would say you will be OK
keep eye on oil

BMRFIXIT
Thanx again BRMfixit, those are encouraging words, . But seems that this celica is full of surpirses . Now the radiator seems to be fuming which it never did before, notice it when I open the hood it is not a lot of smoke but it is definetly a ReD flag for some major trouble. Whish me luck

Sitopons
Before you sink any money in it or making any decisions
I think you should have it checked by a local shop
that you trust
let them give it the look over
good luck !

BMRFIXIT
Thanx from now on heads up

Sitopons