LX 4DR 2200 ENGINE 200,000 PLUS MILES

1998 Toyota Camry

Bought this car for grandaughter. Couldnt believ it had this many miles on it. Drove so well etc. Question: today it started revenging up and down while in park or while driving it will go like 30 mph without touching the pedal. It does somewhat better when the a/c is turned on. It also feels hotter underneath the hood than usual to me.I checked the engine oil didnt seem like it had any water in it. Can you help ? Thanks
B4ume789

You could check to make sure all vaccum lines are where they should be at. Then, you could check the PCV valve on the top of the engine's valve cover that leads to the intake manifold. Remove it and shake it. If it shakes the little metal " disc" inside, freely, you are okay. If it sounds like it's impeded or it doesn't even make a sound when you shake it, it's time to change it. The other test is to see if you can blow through it from the engine side to the manifold (you should be able to) and to see if you can blow from the intake side to the engine (shouldn't be able to do or atleast have a hard time being able to blow air through freely. When was the last tune up? Does it smoke any? Does it have good motor oil? Good air filter?

Lord_Anarchy
Have the IACV/ISCV and TPS check-to include a fuel pressure check.

Could be a binding throttle plate that needs cleaning.