RPM DROPS WHEN ACCELERATING

Toyota Camry

When I start the engine it's fine. As soon as I step on the gas pedal the engine kind of chokes - as if some of the pistons stopped working for some time. I have to very gently step on the gas pedal. This problem appeared after an accident; however, only the rear of my car was hit. The front/engine was intact. It is 2001 Toyota Camry LE V6
Aurir_

Get it scan for code/s and comeback with it. Or bench test the TPS and MAF sensors. Also check fuel pressure.

The estimate done by a geico guy mentions something about pressure vent - which I believe has something to do with the fuel tank. Could damaged pressure vent affect fuel pressure? I'm totally car mechanics illiterate. What do you mean by codes? Hook up a car to the computer or something? How much does it costs?

Aurir_
Ok, I was told the code is: random engine misfire. Could this be in any way connected to the accident that I mentioned earlier?

Aurir_
A Random Misfire code usually indicates a vacuum leak or bad gas

Toyota dealer stated that I'll have to exchange spark plugs, wires, coil pack, distributor cap etc. They said they'll do it for $900 plus TAX.

Also they stated that the problem with the engine is not related to the accident which means that'll have to pay for it cause Geico will not cover it. The problems with the engine began right after the accident, the light came up a day or two after. However, only the back of the car was hit, so Geico and Toyota after thorough diagnosis concluded that it is a result of natural wear of all those items that they want me to exchange.

Questions; 1) Do they want me to exchange all of the ignition parts because they might not know what the problem really is?

2) What is the average price for such replacement

3) Is that something I could do on my own or is it too complicated?

4) What can I do to that dealership when after exchanging all of that stuff, the problem will persist?

Aurir_
If you decide for the dealer to do the job-make sure all is well-when you leave. Anything after that its your pocket.

Or buy the parts have someone cheaper to do it or pull a DIY thing.

Dunno what the Parts/Labor cost it varies.

Good Luck!

Ras.U know me.I am a big advocate of professionalism but also carry a vendetta against rip off. Specialist borderline criminal fraudulent.
STEP ASIDE MAN & CLOSE UR EYES!
Look man.
Any ASE L1 certify independent can nail this problemfor a misfire. Related or not may or maynot be related. Make sure u find a shop with credential L1 ASE certified preferred with ASA and BBB member status.U can pay less than 1/2 of $900. Find the problem. Don't fix it yet. But make sure the shop documented all testing and finding for presentation to geico. The credential and documentation will shut the ()*(& & ^^% outta geico. We dealt with these problem with geico b4. Their policy sux. They just flat out don't wanna pay and try everything they can. In ur case. Most remote I can think of that are related is fuel line or fuel deliver components got bump. Or else it might be as simple as a lose connection to the pump. Purge valve have something to do with evap sys.I serious doubted that if it cause a misfire. Fuel delievery is the best fit offender for random misfire. Think about this. If ur fuel is bucking back and forth. So course u gonna get multiple random misfire.
Keep me post update.I will walk u trhu the wire and get this straighten out. No sweat man.
Heeeee hawwwwww

Kin chan
A mechanic replaced 1 coil, sparkplugs, and wires. After that, rpms drop only when the engine idles, or I stand on the inersection waiting for the green light. When I accelerate there is no problem.

2 days after, the check engine light came up, and then Track off. According to some forums, EMC can be damaged. I'll try to see the mechanic tomorrow.

What do I need to do to nail Geico for it?

Aurir_
I am here to diagnose and advice people on their best interest !. WHAT HAPPEN TO THE DOCUMENTATION AND DIAGNOSTIC?. If whoever can't nail the problem if it is related to the accident and still can't verify if the problem is fix. Why are u keep adding ur unqualify status and make illogical decision. Get some1 who can fix car and find out if it is related to the accident 1st !
Chances are.U might not have to pay for it but geico.*(&Amp; *(^& $& ^*(^& *%& *^. Whats the matter with people?

Kin chan