OIL IN #4 SPARK PLUG HOLE

Toyota Camry

I HAVE A 1999 CAMRY, 2.2 4 CYLINDER AUTO, 200,000 MILES, BUT ONLY 40,000 ON THE ENGINE. THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT CAME ON AND AUTOZONE SAID MISFIRE ON CYLINDER 4. I TOOK THE SPARK PLUG WIRE OUT AND OIL IS ALL IN THE HOLE IT GOES DOWN IN. I TOOK THE SPARK PLUG OUT AND IT TOO IS COVERED WITH OIL, BUT I THINK THE SPARK PLUG GOT THE OIL ON IT AS IT CAME UP THROUGH THE HOLE. THE CAR RUNS GOOD, BUT MISSES WHEN TRYING TO SPEED UP FROM SLOW SPEEDS. THE CAR DOES NOT SMOKE. CAN YOU TELL ME WHAT TO CHECK OR WHAT THE PROBLEM IS. COULD IT JUST BE OVERFILLED WITH OIL?
Kybrown

Try changing the plug wire to no.4 and see what happens. Inspect the valve cover gasket for leakage.

The Valve cover gaskets on those leak into the plug wells all the time. They usually are very loose, try tightening the big nuts and see if they are loose. If so I would replace the gasket and a fresh set of plug wires, OEM of course

Jack42