CAR WONT START, HELP!

Toyota Camry

I am posting my question here because no mechanic has been able to figure this problem. So I really appriciate your opinions. I have had a camry 96 for 2.5 years now with 72000 mil. I drove it cross country and it ran perfect. Since last summer I started seeing a gradual degregation in idle and starting the engine. Untill in November it got in worse condition. The problem is the car wont start when it has been seating for a couple of hours no matter outside is hot or cold. The start works, engine turns but as soon as I start engine dies in less than a 0.1 second. The idle is also rough when around 7500. I have changed wire plugs, spark plugs, cleaned the injectors, changes the distributor and cap, engine coolant sensor and has seen no change. I have been able to narrow down the problem somehow. I have noticed when car is off and I havnt touched the switch yet, if I push gas pedal a couple of times and then start the switch the car starts just fine. Can you tell me what I am doing by pushing the gas when car is off? Am I pumping gas or am I releasing some mechanical tensions somewhere due to rust to cable strech?

Amirfajami

If its all done electronically then why pushing the pedal a few times before starting the switch makes all the difference? That even doesnt explain why it could be due to spark.

I am wondering what is happening when you pul lthe gas cable? Is it wettening the enjectors a little?

Amirfajami
This vehichle has a system called obd2, which stands for on board diagnostic system, second edition, which means the car is entirely run by a computer, there is no mechanical introduction of fuel, it is all done electronically, when the accelerator pedal is pressed, the only mechanical function that occurs is: A. The the air door opens, and B. The throttle position sensor tells the computer to which degree the throttle is open, and responds by signalling the engine controls to react according to the computer's programming. The only thing that could be affected by pressing the accelerator is: you are allowing oxygen to flow into the engine, hence expediating combustion, check fuel pressure, comlete a n obd2 trouble code scan.

Joemechanic
My mechanic told me my car is not sensetive to fuel pressure and should start even with low fuel pressure is that true? I remeber first time the problem started I had my mechnic checking the codes and told me everything was functioning. He also said to give a code something must be really messed up in your car otherwise it shows normal.

Please advise.

Amirfajami
Your 96 camry has a very complex engine monitoring system, if anything at all is going wrong in the engine, there is a sensor for each perticular engine function that will trigger the check engine light, unless the sensor is bad, but when a sensor is bad it will always show on the computer readout, you might try another mechanic to get a second opinion, a lot of places will say they can repair your car but lack the specific equipment neccesary to perform a comprehensive Toyota diagnostic service. Many modern toyotas require diagnostic equipment which is specific to the year, make or even model of car. Hope this is helpful-Joe

Joemechanic
So called BOB-break out box.

I will take it to the dealer to get a diagnoses.

Thanks for your help.

Amirfajami
For your info I went to dealership and they were able to fix the problem. The Air idle control valve had been failed. Everything else is in good shape.

Amirfajami