- RECURRING REAR BRAKE P

2005 Toyota Camry

Brakes problem
2005 Toyota Camry 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 40,000 miles

Hi,
I have a 2005 Toyota Camry and have been having repeated problems from the rear brake pads with noise. The brake pads wear out very frequently in the range of 6000 to 8000 kms and it tends to scratch the brake drums resulting in a rubbing noise between the metal part of the brake pad and the brake drum. I have got the brake pads, calliper kit, brake drums replaced which looked to have cleared the problem but the noise again repeated after a while.I have again replaced the brake pads and polished the brake drum surface for scratches. I tend to notice this problem repeating again. The spares replcaed are purchased from Toyota Authorized outlet and genuine spare and hence quality of spare part is assured.
Please let me know if you can suggest a solution to get rid of this recurring problem. Thanks.
Jsridharj

Hard to say. Check to make sure front brakes are working since they work harder than rears. I would check anything that slides in the rear brake assembly for sticking, caliper piston, sliders, pads in caliper bracket, even emergency cable, everything should move easily

Grsmnky