INTAKE MANIFOLD

2001 Toyota Camry

2001 Toyota Camry 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 140000 miles

Hi how are you, I have a 2001 Toyota Camry, the Intake Manifold getting too hot and If I drive it for more than 30 min the manifold and the EGR valve get too hot and burn all the EGR hoses, also the hose goes from the side of EGR valve to the bottom of the EGR modulator comes off all the time because of the very hot air comes of the EGR valve and it has to go inside EGR modulator, and it burn the hose connection of the EGR modulator, so I had to keep the hose of othrwise the heat burn the EGR modulator. What do you think the problem is?
Kam2001

First, do you have a check engine light on? If so, take it to autozone for a free computer scan. Also your egr tube could be clogged, and pcv valve. Check clog and change pcv if necessary and get back with your findings

Legitimate007
Hi, thanks for responding to my message

yes the check engine light is on, no the EGR hose is not clogged, and the PCV valve is working properly. I know what the problem is, as I said before the EGR valve is getting extremely hot and I know where the heat is coming from, there is a steel pipe from the back of the cylinder goes to the bottom of the EGR valve, there is some problem with that pipe which is transferring the extreme hot air from the engine to the EGR valve, there has to be some kind of valve behind that steel pipe which has to prevent the heat or hot air from transferring from the engine to the EGR valve which is not working properly, but I don " t know what that is, I open the EGR valve and that pipe the EGR is OK as I said there has to be some kind of valve which has to block the hot air from transferring to the EGR valve which is not working properly, and I don " t know what that is because it is not visible and it is inside the engine. The temperature and the amount of the air which is transferring from the engine by that steel pipe to the EGR valve is not normal that's why the hose which goes from the side of the EGR valve to the bottom of the EGR modulator is coming out all the time and it burn the hose connection of the EGR modulator because of the hot air going to it from the EGR valve and the extra amount of the air is the reason of the popping out the EGR modulator hose, by the way the EGR modulator and the hose are new.

Kam2001
I can't really get a visual of the engine. But it probably needs a heat shield

Legitimate007