STALLS

2001 Toyota Camry

2001 Toyota Camry 4 cyl Automatic 100k miles

Sir - My 2001 Camry was stalling,
First time happened year ago. Only 1 time. No issues since 1 year and now once a week, 100k miles, Performed throttle body and fuel injection cleaning 10 days ago (paid $160), but no use problem returned, this problem occurred especially when I hit the break hard at stop signals / High speed to sudden stop. I was able to restart engine again. I took dealer appointment again BUT I don't want to deal with trail and error with Toyota dealer, like replace Idle Air Control Valve if doesn't work then go with sensors then EGR system. Etc ETC, I have remote starter, installed 3 years ago with 3rd party, some body told me that some thing wrong with electrical connections but not 100% sure.

PLEASE ADVISE ASAP, Thanks in advance
Sai

Does the car stall going down the road or only when coming to a stop?

James W.
Hello – sorry to hear your vehicle is having problems.

Well the first thing is I need more specifics on your vehicle. There are several Camry’s, CE Sedan, LE Sedan, Solara SE, etc. Also the specific on the engine.

Next, please go to Auto Zone or O’Reilly’s and for free they can pull the codes to the car. Most important: Once they check your codes, if they find something and you don’t get it fixed and need to get back with us, please make sure you tell us exactly what the code was, number and all. Example, if the code was E0568 O2 Sensor bad. Then make sure you give us all of that. While there for free also they can bring their tester out and check your battery, alternator and starter.

Would you please check your fuel pressure also. This is important to see if your fuel pump has a steady flow and pressure.

Are you able to do checks yourself?

Thank you very much for the donation.

Find a car repair manual for your car repair questions.

ImpalaSS
Hi - only stop signals, Thanks

Sai
Thank you sir, My car is LE, will check error codes with Auto Zone, Thanks again

Sai
Thank you sir, My car is LE, will check error codes with Auto Zone, Thanks again[/quote: b166d01613]

SIR - Auto zone scaned Engine and there were NO ERROR CODES.

Sai
A question off the top of my head. Do you have vacuum power assist on your brakes?

James W.
Also, have you been able to check your fuel pressure yet? We would like to know what that is.

ImpalaSS
No sir, have't checked fuel pressure yet, Does auto zone check this one too? Thanks

Sai
I am not sure about ur question, can you expand little bit? Thanks

Sai
No sorry - auto zone does not check this. Either you will have to or find someone that can

ImpalaSS