INDEPENDENT DIFFERENTIAL?

2000 Toyota Camry

2000 Toyota Camry 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 209000 miles

The car is in great shape, but I haven't done anything with the trans. In about 100k. The fluid is still pink on the dipstick. The dealer says that on a car with that many miles on it that they only do a drain and fill. They said that it does have a filter but that they just clean it which leads me to believe that it is just a screen. The factory service manual doesn't seem to mention a filter, but a " strainer" and it says that fluid could come out upon removal. Autozone shows the car has a filter.

Also I'm wondering what to do about the differential. It has ATF in it, I checked, but I can't see where to refill is (I looked all over). Does the transmission and differential share the same fluid? On my '88 they were independent.

Is a drain and fill okay or should I find a place that will flush? Does this car have a filter? Does this car have independent differential fluid? If so, where is the refill? Obviously there is no way I'm going to drain the diff. Before I find where to refill it.
Dback1

Is a drain and fill okay or should I find a place that will flush? Does this car have a filter?
* You can do drain and refill, and if you choose, you can do the flush. The car does have a filter screen. If it were me, I would just do drain and refill.

Does this car have independent differential fluid?
* Yes, it does.

If so, where is the refill?

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/55316_camrydifferential_1.jpg

Zackman
Thanks so much for the effort and picture in your reply. That and your advice is a great help. Thanks again.

Dback1