ALL DASHBOARD FUNCTION DEAD, NO OUTPUT FR

1998 Toyota Camry

1998 Toyota Camry 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 190000 miles

All my dashboard lights went dead, and my alternator didn't produce voltage to the battery. I replaced the original alternator with a remanufactured off brand. This new alternator also didnt produce voltage. (Checked with a voltmeter), If I unhook the positive battery cable, the engine dies. I have checked all the fuses. All are fine. I have followed wires, and connections and they seem to be ok. There are some other small unnamed " module things" in the fuse box, are they fusable links that are burned out, how do I remove or check them? If you think its the problem. My father was the original owner, so its not been screwed around with.
What wont work,
Dashboard lights.
Electric windows,
Alternator,
Speedometer,
Tachometer,
Odometer,
Fuel gauge
The starter sounds a little different too.
I have been charging the battery after work with a battery charger, and making it to work and back, before recharging it. I've already spent 150 on the new alternator, and cant afford to take it in.
Greggg

There is a fusible link box on left side of engine compartment. Test both sides for power with a test light. There is also a 100 amp fuse for the alt in the same box. You checked the fuses in the underhood fuse box too? ( AM2 fuse -30 amp, and ALT-S fuse 5 amp) and the AMI fuse in the pass compartment fuse box-40 amp. Do you have a meter? If so test continuity between the alt and battery on the big charge wire, this will tell you if there is a bad fuse/fusible link

Jack42