IGNITION

1996 Toyota Camry

1996 Toyota Camry 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 91000 miles

I have just bought this car [used car], while driving to service the car went off several tmes, the mechanic said it is the fuel pump that could not supply fuel we changed this, but persit and later he complain of the plugs this we changed and lastly the coil, they also worked on.
please my question is , what can cause the car to switch off while on motion and refused to astart until after waiting for engine to cool and the moment you engage to drive it swithed off.
Popoola

Don't wait for it to cool off-do below immediately something has to give here

Get a starting fluid/ether/better off gas in a spray bottle and spray into the carb or the throttle body on an EFI. Did it start and die? If not disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine -have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, cap and rotor /distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, ECM, Ignitor cam and crank sensors- Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it