TOTALLY DEAD - BUT BATTERY IS FINE

1995 Toyota Camry

1995 Toyota Camry 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 165000 miles

I have a 1995 v6 Toyota Camry and last time I tried to start it I got half way through turning the key and everything went dead. (Everything. No head lights, no interior lights, no radio, no window power, nothing) It was running just great 15 minutes before. I first checked the battery it has juice, I put jumper cables on, just in case, still nothing. I checked all the fuses behind the coin door on the dash left of the stering wheel and all looked good. Any thoughts? Thanks for your help.

I also want to add that the during the last time tried starting the car, when turning te key I heard it begining to start just like normal even getting half way though the first ding you hear and then just dead. And now when I turn the key nothing.
Jasonsca

Its going to be either your connections or your starter. Check all of your connections very carefully, and clean all corrosion, all the way to the starter, including grounds, all electrical wiring from alternator, to battery to starter.

Also check the main 100 amp fuse under the hood but definitely check battery connections first.

Mastertechtim
If the terminals are cleaned and reconnected, but still no power, would the starter cause no power anywhere or just during the turnover/start. Even when I turn the key all the way to start nothing lights up on the dash or anything.

Also I have looked for a 100 amp fuse and can not find one. I talked to the Toyota dealer and he said there was no main line fuse.

Thank you all for your help in this subject.

Jasonsca
THE STARTER WILL NOT CAUSE THE NO POWER ANYWHERE. CHECK THE UNDER HOOD FUSE BLOCK THERE IS DEFINITELY A FUSE BLOCK WITH HIGH AMP FUSES IN IT. GET BACK TO US

Mastertechtim
OK, I found part of the problem thanks to your help. I replaced the.

Relay, Maker: Toyota-Denso
Model number: 90987-04002
12V-15A, 056700-6780 japanese made

And as soon as I plugged it in the headlight came light on, but as soon as I turned the key, everything went completely dead again. Blow the relay again. Any thoughts on what would be causing this?

Thank again for your help.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/187137_9098704002_Relay_1.jpg

Jasonsca
I dont think your blowing the relay I think your losing power to it due to a bad connection or rotted feed wire.

Mastertechtim
For sure its blowing the relay, just not sure why.

Jasonsca