OIL LEAK

1995 Toyota Camry

1995 Toyota Camry 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 167000 miles

Six months ago my oil pan gasket gave out. Me and a friend replaced it with a new gasket and some rtv silicone. I had no problems at all aside from a very minor leak (I was told that one of the main seals might be going when I first got the car two years ago). About three weeks ago I went to get an oil change and since then I have been leaking a very large amount of oil. The problem is that where ever the leak is coming from, it's hitting the axle and splattering the oil everywhere, making it difficult to locate the leak. We checked the oil pan and found a few bolts were loose. After tightening them and adding some Lucas oil leak stop, it was still leaking. Now I am leaking almost a quart a day and it appears to be coming from the rear main oil seal though it's still hard to say. I'll be cleaning off the underside tomorrow to see if I can pinpoint the leak. One mechanic suggested replacing the valve cover gasket even though I don't see any serious leaking coming from it. I'd appreciate any suggestions you can think of.
Filmdemon

Check if u have oil inside the timing cover and if so suspect and replace oil pump gasket
good luck

need manual CHECK IT @
http://www.2carpros.com/kpages/auto_repair_manuals.htm

BMRFIXIT