MY '95 FLOODED. HELP.

1995 Toyota Camry

1995 Toyota Camry 6 cyl Automatic

i was pulling into a flooded parkinglot and my car compleatly stoped as I was pulling in. I tried to turn it on about two or three times and it didnt work. So I left it there over night. And the next day I tried it one more time at about 2 and it didnt start still. What should I do to get it starting again?
Brooke_d

First I need to know how high the water was. Second, when you try to start it, does the engine turn over or not. Also, is there any electricity at all, and when you turn the key, do the dash lights come on?

Ernest Clark
The water was about where I would open my door. Water wouldnt come in but about. And I tried to start it right after it stoped and then I tried a few more times that night. Then I tried it once yesterday to see if the water dried up. Im not sure what you mean by the engine turning over. And yes. The lights and radio and everything works. It just wont start.

Brooke_d
When I say " engine turning over", when you turn the key to start it, does the starter turn the engine but it won't fire, or does nothing happen at all?

The difference would be if your battery was completely drained by the water or was your starter damaged.

Also, if the moisture got into the wiring and/or computer, then there won't be any help for this car other than to replace the wiring harness, the computer and/or some of the sensors.

Only by inspecting these things and finding out exactly where and how the water penetrated your vehicle can I tell you this.

So unfortunately, if the car dries all the way out, and the battery is still good, then you'll have to take it to a shop. Sorry.

Ernest Clark
The engine does turn over. It makes a really loud noise though. And so no matter waht I have to take it to the shop?

Brooke_d
You could try drying out all the sensors and connectors by hand, and hope none of the water got to the computer.

But if the sensors and/or computer took on water, I doubt very seriously you'll get it started and it certainly won't last long.

You could try going to a junk yard and buying a computer, but you'll never know what you're getting until you plug it in.

Ernest Clark