CAR IS HARD TO START

1993 Toyota Camry

1993 Toyota Camry 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 79000 miles

yes I have a 93 camry and I just changed the motor in it the motor that was install is a 95 camry everything hooked up right it started up everyday with know problem when it was warm but now that the weather has change it's hard to start.I checked to see if it has a cold start injector time switch but it does'nt can you help me out with this problem. It started up fine when it was hot outdoors but now that it's getting cold it's hard to start.
Workmen 39

Do you hear the fuel pump come on when you turn key to run? If so check the fuel pressure and also test the coolant temperature sensor-

First of all I want to thank you for responding back to my question.I never paid attention to the fuel pump it but it tries to start.I will listen, I also did a self diagnosis and the code 22 flashed which is the coolant temperature, so how do I check the pressure for the fuel pump. Once again thanks for taking out the time to help me.

Workmen 39
The CTS is like the carb's choke it enriches the fuel for a cold start, check and test the CTS and also the cold start injector and comeback with some results. When both checked out good-do below

Block the airflow meter vane flap wide open and attempt to start let me know what happened.

If I do have a cold start injector were would it be located?I went to autozone they said that it doesn't show one for the four cylinder engine, is there a cold start injector on a four cylinder. Thank you for taking out the time to help me try to get my car back running.

Workmen 39
Disregard the cold start injector it applies only to 3.0L engine

Hi are you doing, how do I check the pressure for the fuel pump, what make the fuel pressure diffrent in the summer and the winter.I did the self diagnosis and the code showed the coolant temperature sensor, so when I change that should that sovle the problem.

Workmen 39
Did you do this: Block the airflow meter vane flap wide open and attempt to start let me know what happened.

If it doesn't have a fuel rail test port -Tee in on the fuel filter

Hi you doing I turned the key on to see if I heard the fuel pump I didn't hear it so I took it out and straight wired the pump to see if it was working it came on I don't know if it's getting ready to go out, before I did that I changed the temperature sensor. My check engine like is not on at all but when I did the self diagnosis the code for the temperature sensor flashes.I will block the airflow meter vane flap and see what happens. Thanks again for your help talk to you soon.

Workmen 39
The airflow meter grounds the circuit opening relay Fp terminal at which time the relay powers the fuel pump.

Hi rasmataz it's been awhile since I talked to you about my 93 toyota camry well I changed the fuel pump and the cts spark plugs oil and of course it is running fine but i'm still having the problem with it starting right up, someday's I can go out and it starts right up and someday's I catch the blues on the days I catch the blues I have to push down on the gas pedal just a little to get the vane flap open and it start up it idles rough for a few seconds but when it warms up it runs like a new car can u shine some light on this for me.

Workmen 39
Page 1 of 2