BRAKE LIGHTS NOT WORKING/ ALL OTHER TRUNK

1992 Toyota Camry

1992 Toyota Camry 4 cyl Wheel Drive Type unknown Automatic 179000 miles

My Brake lights arent working when I push my brake pedal in. I've checked all the fuses and wires attached to the bulbs, and checked the bulbs. All these are fine, but the brake lights don't come on. Recently it was just one light not working, because the positive wire wasn't attached to the place where the bulb was supposed to be inserted, so I tried reattaching it, and it hit up against the negative and shorted out all the brake lights.

people seem to think its the fuses, but ive checked them, does anybody have any suggestions on what to check?
Kwg_vash

It has to be a fuse

Mastertechtim
Ive checked the fuse, its listed as STOP (25 amp) i've replaced it with another fuse, and its not working still, is there any other possibility?
Ive tried 3 different fuses. And I doubt all of them are bad.

Kwg_vash
You are going to have to check power at the brake light switch with a test light, maybe it burnt out the switch

Mastertechtim
Where can I find this switch and how can I go about replacing it?

Kwg_vash
The brake light switch is located under steering column and rests on the brake pedal.

Mastertechtim
I took it to a repair shop and it happened to be a wiring harness in the trunk that all the brakes connect into.

Kwg_vash