MY HEATER DOESN'T WORK

1989 Toyota Camry

Heater problem
1989 Toyota Camry 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 226000 miles

My heater hasn't worked for a while and I was wondering what the name of the part I need to fix it was. The part that is malfunctioning is the valve that opens and close when swithing from cold to hot to let heat in from the engine. I don't know the name and the people at the advanced auto parts in my town aren't too bright it seems. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Canine224

Hi there, if you are referring to the valve that is cable controlled and is mounted on the fire wall with a hose from the engine and one going into the heater, this is the heater tap or heater water control valve, I hope this helps.

Mhpautos
I believe that's the part I was looking for but it seems to be hard to find. No parts websites have it. I'll go to a store tomorrow. Thanks

Canine224
Hi there,

I think that you will find that this is a genuine part only, you may be able to pick up a good second hand one at a wreckers yard cheap.

Mhpautos