ELECTRICAL PROBLEM WITH '02

2002 Toyota Avalon

I'm having an electrical problem with my '02 Toyota Avalon (91K miles). Trips to the shop have not stopped it. I've changed battery and alternator but still there is the problem When the car is on, every single component (interior/exterior) that is a light source (the clock face, the radio, instruments, headlights, parking lights, etc.) Will flicker in a subtle, but pulse-like kind of way. The lighting never goes out entirely, just quickly flickers from regular state, if I've stopped behind another car you can see my headlights pulsing in the reflection off the other car's tag or rear end. I also perceive a slight whiny/strain type noise from the engine area when the flicker is bad. I'd say this problem has existed on and off for the last three months. Any idea what gives, or what the fix is? Many thanks!
Bobinhood

Double check the power distribution box-make sure the fusible links the square looking ones are nice and tight

Check the electrical system for excessive drain with an ampmeter should not read over 30 milliamps if so you have a short somewhere. Remember to read amps you have to break the circuit open-such as disconnecting the battery positive terminal and putting the ampmeter in between the cable disconnected and the positive battery post. If excessive over 30ma start removing all the fuses one at a time till you run into the fuse that lowers the reading-which will be the problem circuit.

Could be just connections being overlooked

HTH Good Luck