HOW TO REPLACE CAR BATTERY?

2004 Toyota 4Runner

2004 Toyota 4Runner 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 98000 miles

I was wondering if someone would be so kind as to tell me how complicated it is to replace the car battery in a 2004 Toyota 4 Runner. If it isn't a complicated process, could you tell me how to go about doing it myself? Thanks for your input.
Mpinchinat

Not complicated at all. My 13 year old daughter did it (she just needed help lifting the battery), I am sure you can too.

If your radio requires anti-theft code, you better have that ready before you proceed.

1. Make sure that you have 10mm and 12mm wrenches. Remove the negative battery cable terminal and tuck it away. Remove the positive battery cable terminal, and tuck it away somewhere, so they won't be in the way.

2. Remove the battery holder bolts. There are two of them. Loosen the one on the rod first, before you remove the on to the frame.

3. Remove old battery and install new battery. Verify the new battery is the same group size battery as the old one. It should be either group size 24F or 35. Make note how the old one is located in the battery box. I don't want you to cross the wires.

4. Once the new one is in the box, attach the battery holder rod into the hole towards the back of the battery. Before you tighten the nut, attach the frame holder bolt. Now tighten both bolts.

5. Install the POSITIVE (+) battery terminal first, and NEGATIVE (-) last.

6. Start the vehicle to test. It should run, and now adjust your clock and radio stations.

Zackman
Thank You for your response Zackman! It was VERY helpful.

Mpinchinat
You are most welcome. Come back anytime.

Zackman