SUZUKI XL7 ENGINE PROBLEM

2002 Suzuki XL7

2002 Suzuki XL7 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 115000 miles

My car intermitently starts bucking and shaking out of no where. My mechanic replaced the o2 sensor, but since than, it seems to hesitate when it first starts. Each time the car broke down, it was after it was in use for a while. There is a lound clanging noise under the hood, than it stalls. Last time, out of no where the engine light came on and thats when the o2 sensor was replaced.I don't feel comfortable driving the car and this car was always so reliable. The temp never goes up and I change the oil every 3,000 miles.I have gotten the services done as the manual indicates. This has all taken place with in the last month. One time, about 1 year ago, a spark plug exploded for no reason. Any thoughts?
Linda callihan

Have a cylinder compression test carried out. Have the vehicle plugged into a diagnostic computer to check for fault codes stored !

Dave H