GRAND DASH LIGHTS FAILED

1999 Suzuki Vitara

1999 Suzuki Grand Vitara 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 115000 miles

While driving, my dashboard lights (speedometer/tach cluster, all engine instruments) flickered for a very few minutes, then went out. I can't find the power source, not even mentioned in owners manual. I'm in trouble when I can't even find out which fuse to check!
Rotating the dimmer wheel does absolutely nothing. I haven't been able to find any other system that is not functioning normally.
Louislaws

Hello – sorry you are having problem with your vehicle.

From what I can see and based off your question, check the under dash fuse box, Dome Fuse, IG Meter and Under hood fuse box, right side engine compartment, the 30A Lamp Fuse.

My suggestion is you check them with an ohm meter. They may look okay but be blown.

Also, you could go to Auto Zone or O’Reilly’s and for free they can pull the codes to the car. Most important. Once they check your codes, if they find something and you don’t get it fixed and need to get back with us, please make sure you tell us exactly what the code was, number and all. Example, if the code was E0568 O2 Sensor bad. Then make sure you give us all of that. I am not saying there will be a code, but if there is it may give a clue and it’s free. While there for free also they can bring their tester out and check your battery, alternator and starter.

Thank you very much for the donation.

Find a car repair manual for your car repair questions.

ImpalaSS