POWER STEERING NOISES

2008 Suzuki SX4

Steering problem
2008 Suzuki SX4 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 34777 miles

I recently bought the car about 7 months ago. Its still warrentied but thats comming to an end. The problem i'm having is my car makes a whinning sound (every now and then getting more and more) while turning. It sound like the pump is out of fluid. I've inspected the problem and it sounds like the power steering pump is making noise, the fluid level is fine. I added a little but it wasn't below the low mark. I've had my car in to the dealer twice now and they can't replicate a problem(because it doesn't do it all the time). I don't believe it effects the steering of the car but it does whine and make alot of noise once in awhile. What would you think the problem would be or how can I check it or have the dealer check it. Any ideas? Thanks Brian
BrianJS63

Hi Brian,

I bought used 2008 SUZUKI SX4 and it has the same problem. Went to Mark Jacobson Toyota dealership. They confirmed that power steering pump is an issue and he will replace it as it is under warranty. He has ordered part and I am requested to go and see them after a week. Hope it resolves the problem. May be we need to talk to Suzuki for this issue and it may fall in category of recall.

Ajay.r.shah
I am having the same problem
I tried to find the steering oil fill opening failed to find it
Any suggestion?

Afelemban