REMOVAL OF HEATER-A/C FAN SPEED CONTROL M

2000 Suzuki Swift

2000 Suzuki Swift 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive

I asked you this same question a couple of days ago. Perhaps I didn't accurately ask the question, because your answer did not address the actual part, which is located above the radio. My mechanic pointed out the defective item when he re-charged the A/C. It is the speed control {sliding knob} for the heater & A/C fan. It only makes contact on the fastest speed. When it doesn't work, neither does the A/C.

When I ordered the part, I was informed that the defective fan-speed control is part of the larger control module. The part cost $52 from the dealer. I have not received the module, but I easily removed the radio, but am as yet unable to remove the module.
Sespooche

BLOWER MOTOR RESISTOR
Blower resistor is mounted in front lower blower motor housing, on right side of instrument panel. Disconnect wiring harness from resistor.
Check for continuity between terminal No. 2 (Pink wire) and terminal No. 4 (Pink/Black wire). Check for continuity between terminal No. 2 (Pink wire) and terminal No. 3 (Pink/Green wire). Check for continuity between terminal No. 2 (Pink wire) and terminal No. 1 (Pink/Blue wire). Continuity should exist in all cases. If continuity is not as specified, replace blower motor resistor.

Dave H