SHAKING AT HIGH SPEEDS AERIO

2003 Suzuki Other

I own a 2003 Suzuki Aerio. When I drive on the highway at above 55 miles per hour I hear a slight thumping noise and the car shakes. When I go above 69 mph, I can no longer hear the noise. When I take my hands of the wheel the car doesn't seem to drift. My tires have worn down fairly quickly in the last year. I have replaced the tires twice. Any suggestions?

Jen : (
Jenthwing

I am assuming that this is not the all wheel drive version. It seems more and more when you have vibs on the front wheel drive cars that are not tires, it turns out to be a CV joint or drive axle issue. You may want to take it to the dealer and have them test drive it to see if it is the drive axle. Still under warrenty?

Mikeybdman
I'm bringing the car in tomorrow, to be looked at by the dealer. Thanks for the advice. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Jenthwing