ESTEEM 1.6L -WON'T START

1999 Suzuki Other

A couple of weeks ago my car over heated. My brother and I checked the oil the next day, there was a small amount of water in the oil. So we used some bars leak for head gasket repair. Now there is now water in the oil, but the car was missing. So I changed the spark plugs, before doing this I accidentally unplugged one of the fuel injectors. I put it back, but now after changing the plugs the car won't start. Please help. I think it jumped time but I'm not sure and if it did I need to find out what the timing is for it. Thanks, Kathy
Kathy Kies

First thing you want to do is get a ruler and whack your brother's knuckles for using bar's leak. IT isn't going to fix a headgasket problem. IT will create a flow of coolant more likely in your cooling system by plugging up the rad, heater core or thermostat for example, but a headgasket problem needs to be addressed correctly. The head has to be pulled and sent to a machine shop for evaluation of cracks and machined if okay.

IF the timing did go out, there is a fair chance there is some damage. This engine is an interference engine, meaning when it goes out of time internal parts can collide and can leave you with a no start situation. Bottom line is stop cranking it and pull the head and see what happened inside.