MODELS COOLING (OR RATHER, HEATING) PROBLE

1997 Suzuki Other

Engine Cooling problem
1997 Other Suzuki Models Four Wheel Drive Manual

My wife's 97 Suzuki Sidekick will NOT warm up in the winter! The thermostat has been replaced twice to no effect, and everything else is reportedly okay. Basically, If I start it up and let it idle, it will warm up fine. The minute I start driving it, it drops back down to stone cold. Very little heat from the heater or defroster either. If I stop, shut it off, and let it sit a little while, it'll be warm when I start it back up, but as soon as we drive it. Back to cold! My local mechanic is totally stumped, as am I.
I've been told I should get a genuine Suzuki thermostat, but I must admit I'm a bit skeptical that the brand will make a difference!
GasserMadness

Worth a try. Teh t-stat shouldnt open unless the engine is up to temp. That is very odd. If the t-stat has a bleed hole. It may be letting too much flow through and cooling too much.

Jack42