TPS QUESTION

2007 Suzuki Forenza

2007 Suzuki Forenza 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 50000 miles

Recently wrote the question about the power steering fiasco on another post. Fixed that and came to find out why the car was still not starting was the throttle position sensor got filled with gunk and ps fluid. Ive done a lot of research and am finding that I cannot install just a new sensor but have to buy the whole throttle body? I guess this is true on '06 forenzas and later. Yet you can buy just the sensor alone from most auto parts stores for about $40. I was originally trying to just remove the sensor to clean it out, as we got the car to turn over a few times. With this, there seems to be security screws keeping the tps in that dont work with the traditional 5 star bits, they seem to be 4 star with a pin in the middle. So A) is it possible on the fornza to replace just the sensor, and B) what kind of bit do I need to get it off. Thanks much guys!

Steve
Smnhc7310

Hi
Not aware of a TPS keeping engine from starting is check engine light on? Has PCM been checked for codes? Have you checked for spark? Fuel pressure?
Let me know

Docfixit
Thanks for reply. There is no check engine light on. Changed all plugs and wires, one by one of course. Car has plenty of fuel pressure. A mechanic friend of mine looked at this. When trying to turn the car over and giving it gas, he was looking at the trottle body, the plate was not moving at all. A couple times it did move and the car turned over, but only stayed on for a few seconds while laying on the accelerator. Thats what led him to believe it may be the throttle sensor, since the plate is not moving. By the way, I have tried cleaning the throttle body out the best I could as it was pretty dirty. I have not yet checked the codes, to be honest cant afford to take it/have it towed to a mechanic right now. There is no vacuum leaks in the hoses that we could see, and the airfilter has been changed.

Steve

Smnhc7310
You said throttle plate not moving? Is cable attached? TPS monitors throttle open angle does not open plate. Will plat move if manually open throttle?

Docfixit