FELT LIKE I HIT SOMETHING AND WHITE SMO

2004 Suzuki Forenza

2004 Suzuki Forenza 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 101000 miles

I was driving on the highway at night doing about 70 which is normal for me when I felt like I must have hit something, I didn't see anything around and my car sort of took a second to get back to normal. It was driving fine and the temp gauge was normal no check engine light either, I figured I must have hit a poor critter going across the road. When I got home I noticed there was whiteish (maybe greyish, it was dark) smoke with a very faint smell to it coming out of the engine compartment. What could cause this? Of course the car is nearly paid off and I've had many silly mishaps with it. People running into me, kids down the street putting things across the road for people to hit.I can't believe its something else now.
Heymarissleigh

Could be many things. Pop the hood adn use abright flashlight to look around for fluid leaks, also look under it, there may be damage to the underside if you ran something over. If the smoke smelled sweet it may be coolant if it had a nasty burnt smell it may be oil. Check all fluids to see if any are low. If you have a local mechanic that you trust, have him give it a quick look for you, just to be safe

Jack42
It wasn't a burnt smelling smoke, and I'll take it to my normal mechanics. No damage to the outside of the car and can't see damage to the underside no damage to tire rims either. If I had seen what it was that may have helped. Thanks again!

Heymarissleigh
My pleasure.

Jack42