MASS AIR FLOW SENSOR FOR EST

2001 Suzuki Esteem

2001 Suzuki Esteem 4 cyl Automatic 123000 miles

Hi! I have a 2001 Suzuki Esteem with a bad mass air flow sensor. The Suzuki dealership says the car does not have one but the service department of the used car dealership where I bought it says there is one (it's attached to the throttle body). I have been searching for this part for a while. I am in need of this part because the car is to the point where it won't drive when the gas is pushed. I have not had any luck finding it and have tried cleaning it and replacing the catalytic converter. I was wondering is there any possible way that the mass air flow sensor from another car could fit the 2001 Suzuki Esteem? Please help! Thanks!
SageSmalls

My parts book also says it does not use a MAF sensor it uses a MAP (Manifold Absolute Pressure) sensor.

These have a vacuum line from intake to MAP sensor, check the vacuum line for cracks first.

Call local parts stroe and check part # for MAP sensor, then look at year before and after, if same part # then interchangeable.

Is this 1.6 or 1.8 engine? Both show a MAP sensor.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/108325_MAP_Zuki_1.jpg

Mmprince4000
It's a 1.8. It cuts off when I stop at lights or stop signs. It barely drives. The mechanic plugged it into a computer and the message on the computer was a problem with the MAF or VAF.

SageSmalls
Most cars use one or the other MAP or MAF. The error could very well be the MAP since they perform the same function. One measures vacuum changes, the other measures air flow.

MAP is less accurate than MAF but cheaper to install/tune.

Mmprince4000