CAR OVERHEATS ONLY WHEN AIR CONDITIONER I

2005 Suzuki Aerio

Air Conditioning problem
2005 Suzuki Aerio 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 65035 miles

My 05 Suzuki Aerio does ont overheat when the car is idle or on highway. I have replaced the thermostat and performed a radiator flush. All seals are fine and water pump is working correctly. Here is the mystery. If I drive 30mins or more with the A/C on the system pushes out the coolant into the reserve tank passed full/hot so while I am idle the car does not have enough in the engine to keep it cool. That is the mystery that I cannot figure out. Why does the car push the coolant to the reserve tank while the A/C is on? I am stumped.
Uvaape

Hi uvaape,

Thank you for the donation.

Was anything done prior to this happening?
Does both cooling fans works when AC is turned ON?
How was the radiator flushed? By servicing it or just replacement of coolant?

Only thing done prior was the thermostat changed with dealership part. Installed to their current specs.

Both fans do work.

Radiator was flushed by draining the system and refilling the coolant.

Hope this helps you help me : )

Uvaape
Symptoms indicates inefficient cooling when AC is turned ON.

Draining does not flush the radiator if it is clogged.

When problem occurs, feel the heat difference between the upper and lower hose, if they are similar, I would suggest rechecking the radiator, it could be partially clogged internally.

If the lower hose is much cooler than the upper hose, you could have a fault with the thermostat, it is not opening sufficiently

Just to be certain when the " flush" was performed, the coolant was drained then flushed out with a hose. Heater core was opened to let the coolant flush from there. Then topped off again with coolant.

Uvaape
Flushing does not clear clogging. If overheating had occurred before the replacement of thermostat and flushing, it is possible the radiator is clogged.

If problem occurred after the flushing, clogging could occur if different types of coolant are mixed, causing chemical reactions.

Recheck if the thermostat or radiator according to procedure outlined in previous post and let me know what you find.