CAR MAKES SQUEAL NOISE WHEN IN GEAR AND A

2003 Suzuki Aerio

Air Conditioning problem
2003 Suzuki Aerio Automatic 85000 miles

the noise only happens when i'm in gear and my air conditioner is turned on, like stopped at a stop sign it will make this noise. The noise does not happen while I am driving. I've taken it into the shop and they have only replaced the serpintine belt. It made the noise a little better but it's still happens. They can't find anything else that's wrong.
Danib123

Hi

Yep - I have the same car, same noise under the exact same conditions. I am sure it has to do with related some how to the air conditioner as well. It has some some type of clutch on there -- I was spining it when the car was off - not making noise at the speed I was spinning it but I am thinking when it reaches the idle speed it vibrates/oscillates and something is rubbing - but why only when in gear I find perplexing.

Regards

CRAZYMCK
Same exact thing here. Mechanic says it probably is the AC compressor. At $1000 charge, I'm thinking maybe I'll wait.

Jwick