CREAKING NOISE

2006 Subaru WRX

Noises problem
2006 Subaru WRX 4 cyl All Wheel Drive Manual 50000 miles

My Subaru makes a creaking noise (seemingly coming from near the pedals, maybe the firewall) under acceleration from a stop and under light to moderate braking. Also, sometimes during a pretty hard turn, but way quieter. I know it's not a problem with my brakes, because I just installed new pads and inspected the system. Plus, that wouldn't really explain the noise during acceleration. It just seems that with front/rear weight transfer, I hear the noise. Nothing going over speed bumps or pot holes, so I doubt it's the suspension. I had some transmission work done about 15,000 miles ago, so they had to remove the motor. Could this just be something not being tightened enough during reassembly? Please help me out, thanks.
Urabustr

I was going to suggest checking motor mounts, but that wouldn't happen when turning. My first guess is sway bar bushings. Check them to see if they look dry or worn.

Let me know what you find.

The sway bar bushings look fine. I've realized that it only happens when turning because I'm accelerating out of the turns. I looked at the motor mounts and transmission mount, and they all seemed to be in good shape also (and not loose). I'm stumped.

Urabustr
If it is a creaking noise, chances are it is one of the front rubber bushings. Just as a test, spray them down with something like WD40 to see if the sound goes away. Also, I don't know where you live, but if the temps are very cold, unlike water expands, steel shrinks that could be causing a good bushing to make a creaking.

Let me know if it makes any difference.