WONT GET INTO GEAR!

2002 Subaru WRX

2002 Subaru WRX 4 cyl All Wheel Drive Manual 107365 miles

I was driving back from the airport, I was in 5th gear and my rpms all of a sudden shot up so I slowed down and downshifted to 4th gear and it seemed to run fine so I spead up and shifted back up to 5th gear and the rpms shot up again so I slowed down again and downshifted to 4th gear and the rpms still shot up. I pulled off the road and stopped the car and thentried to accelerate and the car would just rev up but wouldn't move. The clutch seems to be fine but the handle will go into every gear without pressing down on the clutch pedal but the car still wont move.
I've been told that it could be the clutch, the transmission, or one of the two bushings.
What could be the problem with my car?
Vasquez89

Hi there,

The fact that you can select gears with out clutching and have no drive suggest a clutch failure, the pedal pressure indicates that the hydraulics and the pressure plate are working, I feel it has shed the drive material or suffered a total clutch plate hub failure.

Mhpautos