THUMPING NOISE WHEN TURNING RIGHT

2002 Subaru WRX

Suspension problem
2002 Subaru WRX 4 cyl All Wheel Drive Manual 86000 miles

I have been getting a rhythmic noise, which sounds like it's coming from the drivers side wheel area when turning right. It is a rhythmic thumping noise that seems most noticeable when making a right sweeping turn with the wheel at about 30 degrees and at about 50mph. I don't notice anything through the steering wheel and maybe only slightly through the pedals.

I tried taking a video, which can be seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kdo4p2hRzOU
the noise comes in at about 8 seconds to 13 seconds.

I think I can still hear it when doing a similar turn at a lower speed (around 30mph). It seems most prominent around 50mph.

Any help would be appreciated.
Sgnimmer

Hi sgnimmer, Welcome to 2carpros and TY for the donation

Inspect the drive axle's boot and CV joints to include steering knuckle components

Over the weekend I replaced the entire CV Halfshaft Assembly with a new Cardone unit. No luck the noise is still there.

Any other ideas?

Sgnimmer
Just to add, I seem to notice the knocking more now. Especially on the freeway I can usually hear it on the drivers side whenever I turn the wheel a little right.

Sgnimmer
Check the steering assy and rack and pinion

I finally got around to replacing the wheel bearing, tie rod end, and ball joint. The problem is now gone. There seemed to be too much play in the ball joint, so I'm guessing that was the issue.

Sgnimmer