99 OVER HEATING STILL AFTER REP

1999 Subaru Outback

Engine Cooling problem
1999 Subaru Outback 4 cyl All Wheel Drive Manual 163000 miles

my outback overheating driving through the mountains in utah and I managed to get it to a town by stopping several times to let it cool down. Once there a shop in the town replaced the radiator and thermostat. But it has overheated twice since then (only a few days), both time while having the A/C on. I turned it off the first time and the temp went back to normal. The second time turned the ac and the car off for a few minutes. Now I don't know what it could be, maybe they didn't replace the thermostat, maybe there is gunk in it, no idea. Any ideas would be helpfull.
Seanpwilson

Have it block and pressure tested-do the block first to pinpoint a combustion leaking into the cooling system or a gas analyzer to sniff for hydrocarbons at the radiator fill neck.

Pressure test: do not do a pressure test if there's leakage at the headgasket this might cause coolant into the cylinders and lock it up or bend a connecting rod if cranked thereafter. The headgasket should be repaired before doing the pressure test.

If the block and pressure test passes check the following: , Pressure test the Rad. Cap, Clogged radiator, air lock in the cooling system, Fan clutch, Radiator electrical fan, collaspe hoses, water pump.