CAR STARTS, THEN STALLS IN 10 SECONDS

2010 Subaru Other

I have a 1995 Subaru Legacy AWD wagon (2.2L) with 190,000 miles. I just (yesterday) had the clutch replaced, and I drove the car today. Now when I start the car, it runs for 10 seconds, then stalls. If I give it gas, I can keep it running for a longer time, but still cannot drive it.

The engine sounds like it's starving for something like gas or air. The air filter is very good. I suspect the fuel filter or fuel pump, but don't know how to tell. Any suggestions?
Randallxski

Try to duplcate the problem when it does happened immediately check for spark by disconnecting a plug wire and grounding to the engine while cranking it over-do you have spark. No spark this is where we start. Got spark we go to fuel. Etc

Thanks for the suggestion. It ended up being a vacuum hose that was disconnected around the air filter.

Randallxski