MODELS

1994 Subaru Other

1994 Other Subaru Models 4 cyl Four Wheel Drive Manual 53,000 miles

i have a 94 loyale with a little over 50,000 miles on it. A couple weeks ago the check engine light came on for a couple minutes and then went off. I checked all the fluids and everything was fine and the car didnt seem to run any differently. However, within the last week the light has been coming on more frequently and the car has started to runa little rough when given more than full throttle. Any ideas to what it might be? Im thinking maybe a bad o2 sensor but im not sure. Thanks
Niles22

Hi there,

There will be a set fault code in the ECU, have a scan done and post the code for further assistance.

Mhpautos
So I took it to a shop that does diagnostics for free and they said that the computer couldn't find anything (codes), but they said that they could spend a couple more hrs on it and do a complete and thorough diagnostic and charge me $180. I said no thanks. Anyways, I would rather not pay to get it diagnosed because I am a cheap college student and want to fix it myself in the least expensive way possible.

Would it be worth pullling the o2 sensor out and taking a look to see if that is the problem?
Thanks again for your time

erik

Niles22
HI there,
You won't see anything by removing the )2 sensor, if the battery has not been disconnected the code will be held in the memory, some cheap scanners don't read all the codes, normally there is a small fee to read a cod as the scanners have to be paid for, mine costs may thousands of $$$ so I would go get a scan from a dealer or a work shop with good quality scanner.

Mhpautos
I have a 94 subaru loyale with the exact same senario and I'm also guessing it is the O2 sensor or distributor maybe. When accelerating (especially if the engine is cold) it lags really bad. This probably doesn't help much but I'll make another post if I figure mine out (and vice versa would be appreciated loudogsdad@hotmail. Com)

Loudogsdad