SOUND SYSTEM

2003 Subaru Legacy

2003 Subaru Legacy

Radio and CD produce no sound in any speaker. Replacement of sound system does not produce sound. Is there a fuse for the sound system? A critical wire to check?
MWS

Hi there,

Did you check the amp fuses?

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/61395_Capture_11.jpg

mark (mhpautos)

Mhpautos
I have not tried that yet - but I will soon - thanks for the tip!

MWS
Let me know if it fixes the problem,

mark

Mhpautos
I should have asked - is there an easy way to tell if the amp fuses are the problem? Would that necessitate anything else that would not be working? Or is the only way to tell if the amp fuse is bad simply to replace it?

MWS
You can easily test the fuse with a volt meter or a test light, this will take a few sec, as long as power is flowing through the fuse it will be fine.

Mark

Mhpautos
Thank you. I just noticed that the radio does appear to be tuning - the LCD display turns on. Still no sound and replacement of radio does not fix the problem. So, now I am guess it is not the fuse or the radio. I also doubt all the speakers could have died at the same time. Is there a single wire which could disrupt the sound system between the radio and the speakers? Or am I missing something? I'm sorry for repeated questions, I just took the car from a relative that passed away so I am not familiar with it.

MWS
If the Amp is not powered up you will get no sound, it is independent of the radio, the radio can still have power, but if the amp is off line nothing will happen, check the amp power fuse.

Mark

Mhpautos