ENGINE NOT IDELING

1998 Subaru Legacy

1998 Subaru Legacy 4 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic 130000 miles

I have a 98 subarue legacy gt limited with a 2.5 boxer engine I recently lent my car to a freind and he drove threw a water puddle an drove it about two blocks after started running funny an called me I went and there was a headlight that came out of the casing and the bulb blew an was laying in water I dont know if that screwd the computer or if there was an open circuit an the water shorted it out at first it would crank but not start so I let it sit an came back the next day an it started an ran fine till I got home them it died I took out the air filter an the coil pack wires an dried them off an it starts every time now an as long as I leave it about 1000 rpm it will drive fine to but when I go to stop it dies an it starts right back up fine an when I turn at low speeds there is a jerk type feeling that I dont know what it is but at higher speeds does not jerk.
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!
Alsides21

Check and test the idle air control solenoid, EGR valve solenoid, throttle position sensor and MAF sensor

Could it also be that there is watter that got in to the catalytic converter?

Alsides21
Could be the water shorted out the oxygen sensors and also creating blockage in the catalytic converter/muffler