FUEL SYSTEM

1994 Subaru Legacy

1994 Subaru Legacy 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 93000 miles

My Subaru legacy will not start. I Have replaced the fuel pump and a relay, but it still will not start. Help
Repsson

Does it have spark? Does it have fuel pressure?

Mastertechtim
Yes it has spark. It will run when starter fluid is injected into it and will continue to run until it is all gone. I repalced the fuel pump and the fuel pump relay; however I don; t know if there are any other components that would prohibit starting. Just puzzeled

Repsson
Is fuel getting up to engine? Does the fuel pump come on? Do you have power and ground at the fuel pump?

Mastertechtim
There is no power to the fuel pump. I checked the ground and all seems to be in place. There is no fuel going to the caburator. I have not corss circuted the fuel pump to see if the new pump is working, I did check the old pump after uninstalling it and it worked just fine. So it was not the old pump to begin with.

I also check to see if there was power to the relay and there is, but it is not being transferred to the fuel pump. Is there another fuse or relay that may need to be replaced? Still puzzeled!

Repsson
Fuse 16 powers fuel pump relay, also the ignition relay. Check for power at 2 spots on fuel pump relay when cranking, tell me what you got. Also power up the br wire at the relay and see if pump comes on. Then check lg b wire for a ground from mpfi control unit. This is what grounds relay to energize the relay. Get back to me.

Mastertechtim