ABS

1998 Subaru Impreza

Brakes problem
1998 Subaru Impreza 4 cyl All Wheel Drive Manual

Hi,
my abs light comes on alot, 1st I switch ignition on it all works how it should, light goes out. Then when I start to go off in car it comes on. It doesnt stay on alltime, sometime can stay on for a up to 2-10 min, its like its not connecting (wiring), it comes on then goes off you cant time it.

what could it be?
Subaru turbo

Hello

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/248015_79317410_1.jpg

When a signal system or the ABS control module becomes inoperative, the warning light in the combination meter comes on to indicate that the system or control module is malfunctioning. At the same time, current flowing through the hydraulic control unit is interrupted so that the brake system functions as a conventional brake system. The circuit through which the warning light comes on utilizes a dual system design.
Basically what this is saying is you are having problems with your ABS system and you may only have normal braking. It appears that you will need to have the ABS codes checked. You can have them checked and then get back with us if you would like and tell us the code number and what the code is so we can cross reference.
Also, you could go to Auto Zone or O’Reilly’s and for free they can pull the codes to the car. Thought this isn’t the ABS system, there still may be problems there and that can be checked for free. Most important. Once they check your codes, if they find something and you don’t get it fixed and need to get back with us, please make sure you tell us exactly what the code was, number and all. Example, if the code was E0568 O2 Sensor bad. Then make sure you give us all of that. While there for free also they can bring their tester out and check your battery, alternator and starter.
Hope this helps – let us know – Thanks for asking on our site!
Thank you very much for the donation.

Find a car repair manual for your car repair questions.

ImpalaSS